Regardless of why your car needs auto body work, you want it done at a collision centerz. With experience, knowledge and trustworthy experts. After all, a great auto body shop means the difference between a flawless repair and one that leaves you dissatisfied. The tips featured below make it much easier to find a reputable shop.
Look for a Collision Center Shop Before You Need One
Select an auto body repair shop in Ogden, Utah before you need the services of one. This gives you plenty of time to carefully research the shop of your choice. When it’s crunch-time, desperation can cause you to make poor choices.
Check Online Reviews
You’ll want to see what others are saying about the shops of your choice. Online consumer review websites like Yelp, Angie’s List and Yellow Pages are great places to find information and reviews on body shops.
Given the nature of (largely) anonymous reviews, you’ll want to take the information you get with a grain of salt. That doesn’t mean that every review should be suspect, but one-line nastygrams and brief reviews that don’t offer much info should be overlooked in favor of well-written and concise reviews.
Word-of-Mouth Also Helps
Some of the most important endorsements come from friends, family and even your own mechanic. If a collision center shop is known for doing a great job on repairs, chances are you’ll hear a mouthful from impressed customers. Likewise, a less-than-reputable shop will garner a mouthful – for all the wrong reasons.
Don’t hesitate to ask those you know for their recommendations. Your mechanic may also be able to point you in the right direction.
My wife dinged the fender of our Explorer and after being told by 4 auto-body shops that we would have to replace the entire side of the car we finally found John Chevalier Collision Centerz. They told us that we would only have to replace the damaged portion. I appreciate the fantastic job that they did (it looks like new) and I greatly appreciate their honesty and integrity. I highly recommend them! – Griff Neilson
Always Do Your Homework When Selecting a Collision Center
As you settle on a particular collision center, you’ll want to ask yourself the following questions:
- How long has the shop been in business? The longer, the better. John Chevalier Collision Centerz has been open for over 20 years.
- What warranties does the shop offer? Collision Centerz offers a lifetime warranty. Always ask to see the warranty prior to having any work done.
- Does the shop mandate the use of aftermarket or used parts? Such parts may not match up correctly and they can also void your factory warranty. A good shop will pay for and use original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts to prevent warranty issues.
- Are the prices, policies and guarantees posted where they can be clearly seen?
- Is the auto body shop itself clean and well-organized? A well-run shop takes pride in maintaining a professional appearance.
- Are the technicians trained and certified? Look for signs of certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) as well as the Inter-Industry ASE Conference on Auto Collision Repair (I-CAR). Collision Centerz is one of the only certified aluminum auto body repair shops in Ogden, Utah.
If promises or commitments are made, be sure to get them in writing. You’ll want to have some form of visible proof just in case. Contact Collision Centerz in Ogden, Utah for your auto body repair needs at (801) 395-1946.